open view news desk
IN PUBLIC INTEREST
*Cover your face with masks to prevent transmission of droplets carrying coronavirus
*Exercise social distancing
*Wash your hands frequently
*Sanitize your hands
STAY HOME & STAY SAFE!
High level review meetings on preparedness for Novel Coronavirus are regularly being held by the Union Health Minister, Cabinet Secretary and Health Secretary.
Cabinet Secretary has held four review meetings so far. Today he reviewed the preparedness with the concerned Ministries of Health & Family Welfare, External Affairs, Defence, Home Affairs, Civil Aviation, Information & Broadcasting, Labour & Employment, and Shipping.
A Video Conference with the Chief Secretaries of the States and UTs was also taken by the Cabinet Secretary.
Following today’s meeting of the Cabinet Secretary, a number of new steps have been taken:
- All those who have come from China after 15th January, 2020 shall be tested as there in an incubation period for the virus.
- The Cabinet Secretary has stressed upon the need for 14 days’ home isolation for all those who have returned from China.
- It is also advised that trip to china should be avoided.
- It was also decided to augment the lab facilities.
- Six more labs will start functioning from today:(1) NIV Bengaluru Unit, (2) Victoria Hospital Campus, KR Road, Fort, Bengaluru (3), AIIMS, New Delhi (4), NCDC, Delhi (5) Kasturba Hospital for infectious diseases, Mumbai (8) NIV – Kerala Unit.
- Six more labs will start function by 31st January, 2020: (1) ICMR – NICED, Kolkata (2) GMC, Secunderabad (3) KGMU, Lucknow (4) SMS, Jaipur (5) IGGMC, Nagpur (6) KIPMR, Chennai.
- Discharge portal for patients have been prepared by DGHS which is being disseminated.
- It was decided to put up check-posts in relevant tourist locations for better surveillance.
- Gram panchayats are being organised to make people more aware regarding the symptoms, precautions and measures taken by the State Governments regarding prevention and management for Novel Coronavirus in villages bordering Nepal.
- States have also been advised to open control rooms, appoint a nodal officer and popularize the control room number.
- IEC material is to be prepared in local language by the concerned States.
As on 30th January, 2020, a total of 7711 confirmed cases reported by 31 provinces, 1370 serious cases, 170 deaths, 124 discharged and cured cases and 12167 suspected cases.Most of the deaths reported in elderlies with co-morbid conditions.
The number of reported confirmed cases abroad are Thailand (14), Singapore (10), Australia (5), USA (5), Japan (8), south Korea (4), Malaysia (7), France (4), Vietnam (2) Canada (2), Nepal (1), Cambodia (1), Sri Lanka (1) Germany (4), UAE (4), Hong Kong (10), Macao (7), Taiwan (8), Finland (1), Angola (1) and India (1), total of 21 countries.
One positive case of Novel Coronavirus patient, of a student studying the Wuhan university, has been reported in Kerala.The patient has tested positive for Novel Coronavirus and is in isolation in the hospital.The patient is stable and is being closely monitored.
Screening data: from 21 airports
- Total flights screened: 234
- Total passengers screened: 43346
- National Institute of Virology, Pune is fully geared up to test samples of nCoV.
- Adequate lab reagents are available with NIV, Pune to test 5000 samples.
- 49 samples have been referred to NIV for testing. 48 have tested as Negative.