MARCH 28, 2023
IN PUBLIC INTEREST
*Cover your face with masks to prevent transmission of droplets carrying coronavirus
*Exercise social distancing
*Wash your hands frequently
*Sanitize your hands
STAY HOME & STAY SAFE!
Under the Saansad Adarsh Gram Yojana (SAGY) framework, the development of Gram Panchayats is envisaged through implementation of existing Government Schemes and Programmes in convergence mode and mobilization of community and private resources. Neither any additional funds are allocated under this scheme nor the details of funds raised through various sources for development of SAGY Gram Panchayats maintained centrally.
The SAGY guidelines, available in 14 languages, provide for institutional framework under which a Charge Officer is appointed by the District collector for implementation of developmental activities planned for SAGY Gram Panchayats. The District collector convenes a monthly review meeting, under the chairmanship of concerned Member of Parliament, with representatives of the participating line departments. The roles and responsibilities of different functionaries of SAGY have been described under the Chapter 10 of Guidelines.
The following initiatives have, inter alia, been taken for better implementation of the Scheme:
- 26 Schemes of 17 Ministries of Government of India have been amended / appropriate advisories have been issued to accord priority to SAGY in respective schemes.
- The Ministry has brought out a compilation of 127 Central Sector and Centrally Sponsored and 1806 State Schemes for convergence under SAGY. This document serves as a ready reckoner especially for the Members of Parliament, District and Village level officials about the different schemes for possible convergence at the GP level.
- The SAGY is reviewed periodically by the Ministry of Rural Development, which include review by the Hon’ble Minister of Rural Development, Performance Review Committee, Common Review Missions, National Level Monitors, Concurrent Monitoring and Impact Assessment studies.
- Ministry has published a document named ‘SAHYOG’ as an indicative guidance document with the essential information on the existing social security schemes collated from respective Ministries to enrich the knowledge of villagers and village level functionaries to achieve 100% enrollment into the social/ financial Security Schemes in SAGY Gram Panchayats.
- The States have been requested to conduct the State Level Empowered Committee (SLEC) meetings headed by the Chief Secretary to review the implementation process and to ensure seamless convergence of schemes among different State Government Departments.
- The Ministry provides training on preparation of VDP and the approaches to convergence of schemes to the Charge Officers and other stakeholders of the state who are coordinating the implementation at the local level and are fully responsible and accountable for the implementation of VDP.
- The parameters for dynamic ranking of Gram Panchayats have been recently developed and placed on the portal so as to instill competition amongst the selected SAGY GPs.
- viii. The States/UTs have been requested to direct the officials concerned to organize District Level Committee meetings regularly to gear up the VDP implementation and also to brief the Hon’ble Members of Parliament.
- The Ministry is organizing an Orientation Programme for the representatives/PS of Hon’ble MPs periodically to encourage them to play a critical intermediary role between the District Administration and the Hon’ble MPs and expedite the SAGY implementation process.
- The National Level Committee meetings headed by Honorable MRD and Secretary, Rural Development with representatives from 20 Ministries/Departments, monitor, review, facilitate cross-learning and initiating remedial action, where necessary, including changes in the guidelines of their respective schemes/programmes for the seamless convergence process.
- Letters from Honorable Minister of Rural D are being sent to the Hon’ble MPs to identify GPs under SAGY-II (2019-24) and to provide necessary leadership to gear up the convergence process to saturate major scheme implementation.
- The Ministry has organized CSR conclave with private voluntary organizations /corporates, in collaboration with Transforming Rural India Foundation (TRIF), to leverage funds from these sectors for SAGY GPs.
- The Ministry has launched Achhi Aadat Campaign in SAGY GPs to inculcate hygienic behavior and practices among the villagers of SAGY GPs.
This information was given by the Union Minister of State for Rural Development, Sadhvi Niranjan Jyoti in a written reply in Lok Sabha today.
Leave a Reply