Virtual camps/workshops being organised for philately, opening SB Accounts, IPPB Accounts, Aadhaar seeding and getting PLI/RPLI proposals on the respective days at circle level
DELHI, OCTOBER 9: India Post commenced celebration of the National Postal Week , starting with World Post Day which is celebrated each year on 9th October, the anniversary of the establishment of the Universal Postal Union (UPU) in 1874 in Berne. The purpose of World Post Day is to create awareness of the role of the postal sector in people’s and businesses’ everyday lives and its contribution to the social and economic development of countries. Moving a step ahead, Department of Posts celebrates National Postal week undertaking programme/ activities aimed at generating a broader awareness of its role and activities among the public and media on a national scale.
Following is the schedule for celebration of World Post Day & National Postal Week for this year:-
|9th October 2020||Friday||World Post Day|
|10th October 2020||Saturday||Banking Day|
|12th October 2020||Monday||PLI Day|
|13th October 2020||Tuesday||Philately Day|
|14th October 2020||Wednesday||Business Development Day|
|15th October 2020||Thursday||Mails Day|
A number of activities have been been planned/ proposed in this connection:
a. Activities at Circle Level:
- Spruce-up and cleaning of all Post Offices, mail offices and administrative offices along with removal of old hoardings/outdated notices and weeding out of old records etc.
- Firm up various activities to be organised at Circle level for the National Postal week.
- iii. Contact current and potential corporate customers on the Business Development Day.
- iv. Plan and make arrangements for organizing virtual camps/workshops for philately, opening SB Accounts, IPPB Accounts, Aadhaar seeding and getting PLI/RPLI proposals on the respective days.
- Circle Heads to write to their premium customers thanking them for giving their business to the Department.
- vi. Online awareness campaign may be organised to create awareness about new offerings and availability of citizen centric services in Post Offices viz. POPSK, Aadhar Enrolment &Updation facility, CSC facilities India Post PRS Centres, availability of Gangajal etc.
- Day wise activities during National Postal Week: