Posted On: 07 MAY 2021, Delhi
IN PUBLIC INTEREST
*Cover your face with masks to prevent transmission of droplets carrying coronavirus
*Exercise social distancing
*Wash your hands frequently
*Sanitize your hands
STAY HOME & STAY SAFE!
|Centre continues to Effectively and Promptly Allocate and Deliver COVID-19 Aid received from Global Community to States/UTsOn a steady streak, over 3.31 Lakh Recoveries in the last 24 hoursAdditional Deployment Of Naval Personnel From WNC For PM Care Covid Hospital (Dhanvantari), AhmedabadA new Security Feature added to CoWIN digital platform|
PRESS INFORMATION BUREAU
MINISTRY OF INFORMATION AND BROADCASTING
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
Centre continues to Effectively and Promptly Allocate and Deliver COVID-19 Aid received from Global Community to States/UTs
- India’s Cumulative Vaccination Coverage exceeds 16.49 Crore as the Nationwide Vaccination Drive expands
- More than 11.8 Lakh beneficiaries of age group 18-44 Vaccinated under Phase-3 of Vaccination Drive
- On a steady streak, over 3.31 Lakh Recoveries in the last 24 hours
- One-fourth of Total Active Cases concentrated in only 10 districts
Govt. of India has so far provided more than 17.35 crore vaccine doses to States/UTs
Free of Cost
More than 90 lakh COVID Vaccine doses (90,30,670) are still available with the States/UTs to be administered. States with negative balance are showing more consumption (including wastage) than vaccine supplied as they have not reconciled the vaccine they have supplied to Armed Forces.Furthermore, more than 10 lakh (10,25,000) vaccine doses will be received in addition by the States/UTs within the next 3 days.
Allocation of Remdesivir made upto 16th May 2021 to ensure its adequate availability across the country
Considering the requirement of Remdesivir in every state and ensuring its adequate availability, Union Minister of Chemicals & Fertilisers Shri D.V Sadananda Gowda today announced the allocation of Remdesivir made upto 16th May 2021. This will ensure smooth supply of Remdesivir across country so that no patient face difficulty in this pandemic time, he added.
In a letter written to all States by Department of Pharmaceuticals and Ministry of Health and Family Welfare , it was mentioned that in continuation of the allocation plan of Remdesivir drug for the period 21st April to 9th May, 2021 communicated by DO issued on 1st May 2021, an updated allocation plan valid for period of 21st April to 16th May, 2021 is prepared jointly by Department of Pharmaceuticals and Ministry of Health and Family Welfare.
Additional Deployment Of Naval Personnel From WNC For PM Care Covid Hospital (Dhanvantari), Ahmedabad
This is in addition to a 57 member naval medical team already positioned at the hospital on 29 Apr 21. The team is being deployed for a period of two months and will assist the hospital administration in handling covid patients.
Uninterrupted Delivery of Medical Essentials Continues from Goa Airport
Goa Airport had earlier catered to 8 LifeLine Udan flights intendedto transport essential medical cargo to remote parts of the country amid the Nationwide lockdown to support India’s fight against Covid-19 with a Total Inbound cargo of 2.15MT & Outbound cargo 3.96 MT. Goa Airport also handled 3 lots of Covid Vaccine for the state of Goa and 1 lot for the neighbouring state Karnataka in the months of January and February 2021.
A new Security Feature added to CoWIN digital platform
In order to minimize such errors and the subsequent inconvenience caused to the citizens, the CoWIN system is introducing a new feature of “4 digit security code” in the CoWIN application from 8th May 2021. Now, after verification if the beneficiary has been found as eligible, before administering the vaccine dose, the verifier/vaccinator will ask beneficiary about his/her 4 digit code and then enter the same in the CoWIN system to correctly record the vaccination status
Advisory for citizens –
- It is advised that the citizens must carry a copy (digital or physical) of their appointment slip and/or the registered mobile phone with appointment confirmation SMS, so that the 4-digit security code can be furnished for easy completion of vaccination recording process.
- It is also advised that the security code may be furnished to verifier/vaccinator before the vaccine dose has been administered. This is important as the digital certificate would be generated after the vaccine dose administration.
- Citizen must provide the security code to the vaccinator as the digital certificate will be generated only after the vaccination record has been updated with the security code.
- Citizen should get a confirmation SMS after the process has been successfully completed. The confirmation SMS indicates that the vaccination process has been completed successfully and the digital certificate has been generated. If one does not get the confirmation SMS, one should get in touch with the vaccinator/ vaccination center in-charge.
Ayush Ministry launches nationwide distribution campaign of AYUSH 64 & Kabasura Kudineer
It is worthwhile to note that since the COVID-19 pandemic hit the country, the Ministry of Ayush has taken several initiatives toward control and mitigation of COVID 19, while also working in close collaboration with Ministry of Health & Family Welfare in the fight against COVID 19. With the latest initiative of the Ministry to launch a nationwide campaign for distribution of AYUSH-64 and Kabasura Kudineer, India aims to strengthen its position in fight against COVID19 pandemic.
Department of Space pitched in to augment COVID infrastructure in the country; Liquid Oxygen is being provided to Tamil Nadu and Kerala on a continuous basis
Union Minister of State (Independent Charge) Development of North Eastern Region (DoNER), MoS PMO, Personnel, Public Grievances, Pensions, Atomic Energy and Space, Dr Jitendra Singh today said that Department of Space has gone beyond its call to provide COVID related support mainly liquid oxygen to States of Tamil Nadu, Kerala, Andhra Pradesh and Chandigarh. In an online review meeting, Chairman, ISRO, Dr. K. Sivan said that 9.5 tonnes of oxygen being given to Tamil Nadu and Kerala per day, besides the oxygen capacity of Andhra Pradesh and Chandigarh was augmentd. He said, 87 Tonnes of LOX manufactured and supplied by ISRO Propulsion Complex, IPRC already given to Tamil Nadu and Kerala by ensuring 24×7 work schedule. Moreover, 12 MT of LOX sent to augment Oxygen availability in Andhra Pradesh.
He said, the Department is also ensuring supply of Oxygen cylinders for local public in Andhra Pradesh and Kerala. Advanced Medical devices designed including ventilators, Prana, and VaU and manufacturing to be taken up with industries at the earliest.