open view news desk
IN PUBLIC INTEREST
*Cover your face with masks to prevent transmission of droplets carrying coronavirus
*Exercise social distancing
*Wash your hands frequently
*Sanitize your hands
STAY HOME & STAY SAFE!
JAMMU, MARCH 06: Higher Education Department has refuted the news report “Only GCET of J&K strives for its survival” published in a section of press.
The Department rebutted the allegations on following grounds and factual position:
1. The GCET was established in the year 1994 as per AICTE norms and is permanently affiliated to University of Jammu. As far as the construction is concerned, Civil Engineering, Computer Engineering, Mechanical Engineering blocks having lecture/tutorial rooms, Laboratories, departmental committee/faculty rooms , Workshop Block having seminal/conference hall and laboratories/workshops, well equipped Library, 08 common Lecture Halls, Administrative “Block and Boys Hostel have already been constructed and are functional. Besides, the construction of Girls Hostel is about 95% complete and is expected to be functional very soon whereas construction of Electrical Engineering Block, smart class rooms and workshops is under progress. It is worthwhile to mention here that AICTE gives Extension of Approval (EoA) every year as per the infrastructural and academic requirements.
2. There are 72 sanctioned faculty posts, out of which 30 are held by regular faculty and 35 persons have been engaged on Academic Arrangement basis against sanctioned posts. The Academic Arrangement faculty has been engaged after the recommendations of the screening/selection committee constituted by the Government having subject experts from IIT Jammu etc. The vacant posts of faculty members have already been referred by the Administrative Department to the J&K Public Service Commission from time to time and subsequently advertised.
3. The Institute has been able to acquire NBA Accreditation in three departments viz. E&C, Computer & Mechanical Engineering disciplines in the year 2019 for the academic sessions 2019-21. This is the only Government Engineering Institution in the UT of J&K which has been granted NBA accreditation in max departments. The Institute is going to start M.Tech Courses in E&C, Computer & Mechanical Engineering disciplines from the year 2020-21 after the approval of the AICTE and University of Jammu which the Institute has already applied for.
4.The Institute has been granted TEQIP Phase-III launched by the MHRD, GoI in collaboration with World Bank for three years i.e 2017 to September, 2020. The Institute has upgraded the existing Laboratories of all the Departments as per the Industry requirement and the latest technologies under this Project and various academic activities viz. conducting of workshops, seminars, faculty training in ITTs and 11Ms have been undertaken.
5.Under TEQIP, the College is providing GATE coaching, employability skill, Induction Programme, Industrial Trainings/Tours/ Workshops in Institutions/Organizations of national repute viz. Ill’s, BARC ,BHEL etc. for which the students have not been charged.
6.The smart boards have been installed in the Class rooms and the students are being provided lectures using ICT facility. The faculty as well as students are enrolled in MOOCs under SWAYAM and NPTEL portals.
7. The Startup Cell has been created in the College and the students are encouraged to participate in the Hackthon and other Startup related activities from time to time.
8. GCET Jammu has signed MoU on Academic, Research Collaboration and Technical Support with In. Jammu and also with UIET Chandigarh.
9. The Alumni of this Institute have excelled in various spheres and are positioned very well globally in a number of leading Government, Public Sector & Private Organizations. The quality of education in GCET Jammu has been phenomenal, exceptional and based on its performance the National Accreditation Board has enlisted the college first time in the list of accredited institution. College has implemented quality enhancement programme under TEQIP with financial aid of Rs.15.00 cr during the past three years.
Categories: Jammu News