open view news desk
SRINAGAR, JUNE 26: Union Home Minister Shri Amit Shah conducted a review meeting of the security arrangements for Shri Amarnathji Yatra, in Srinagar today. J&K Governor Shri Satya Pal Malik, Union Home Secretary Shri Rajiv Gauba and senior officers of MHA, State Government and security Agencies were present. After detailed deliberations, the Union Home Minister laid emphasis on various points critical for the security of the Yatra:
• He directed all security agencies to be fully alert and take all preventive steps to ensure violence free Yatra.
• There should be no laxity. Strict enforcement of the SOPs should be ensured. Senior officers should personally supervise the arrangements.
• Forces should ensure best possible optimum use of latest technologies and the gadgets not only for the security of the Yatra but also to facilitate the movement of the devotees and the tourists. He specifically drew attention of the Forces towards anti-sabotage as well as anti-subversion drills and the access control procedures.
• Home Minister underlined the importance of the Standard Operating Procedure for convoy movement and specifically harped on the points that :-
▷ Timely dispatch of convoys should be ensured.
▷ After the cut-off timings barricades should be erected at suitable locations and no differentiation should be made between Yatris and Tourists.
▷ Barricades be used at all lateral entry points during convoy movement.
▷ All lateral points should be manned 24×7.
• Besides attending to medical emergency, preparedness must also be ensured to deal with any type of calamity or contingency. Specialized units and trained personnel should be in place with due focus on the prescribed drills for the purpose.
• Best possible facilities should be provided in the base camps.
• While laying emphasis on the essential facilities for those deputed on the arrangements of the Yatra, he underscored the need for all the duty personnel to ensure proper conduct all throughout.
• There should be no complacency on the part of security forces or duty staff at any point of time during the whole Yatra period.
• Whereas he advised all the security forces and various agencies to continue taking strict action against miscreants, Home Minister also reiterated the need to cover all the sensitive and vulnerable places including possible points of infiltration all throughout the State, in order to obviate any type of risk to the Yatra.
Appreciating the whole-hearted cooperation of the people of the State in successful conduct of the Yatra, the Union Home Minister reassured the commitment towards best possible arrangements.
Categories: Jammu & Kashmir